Monday, November 10, 2008

Set Your Table

I totally forgot about this for a little while until I received the monthly newsletter from this webpage. A while back I had seen, on this webpage, a "contest" of sorts to tell or take a picture of your table at dinner time. I had gotten to thinking about it and had sent in some stuff of how we do "family" dinners and "special" dinners. I was pleased to see that my story and pictures were included in the final article contributing to the special things that can be done to show love for our families.

http://www.homemaking911.com/2008/10/30/set-your-table-contest-winner/

How do you set your table differently for different occasions or to show your love/thoughtfulness for your family or spouse?

1 comment:

Desi said...

Holly! That's fantastic! How exciting to be included in an article like that. Your writing was quite vivid and made it easy to see what you were explaining. Then that you got to submit pictures made it even better! I'm so happy for you!

For us, when we have company over, we use our name brand serving dishes. I love them and bought them with graduation money when I graduated from BYU. We use glass goblets to drink from when we are doing something "fancy" or even when it is a beloved drink and Rick wants me to really savor it.

When we are doing nice things for each other, we always dish the food and decorate the plate. It is always fun to make a pretty meal and serve it so that it retains the desired apperance. When there's company, they serve themselves as I usually do family style dinners.... :)

Thanks for getting me thinking!