Monday, February 11, 2008

Breakfast

There are definitely some mornings where I know exactly what I want to eat, and that the kids will either still be asleep when I cook it, or that they will be so excited to share that they let me cook. Mornings are usually snuggle times, so we do something easy like cereal or instant oatmeal. But this morning was different.
Have any of you heard of the Glad microwave steaming bags? Well, I hadn't up to about a week ago and we received one as a sample at Sam's Club. I looked at the recipes and saw that most were 2-3 servings, great for during the day when it's just me and the kids who have to share or if I want to cook something Nolan wouldn't like.
So, this morning my experimental breakfast was "eggs cooked light and fluffy" with lots of yummy stuff added: sausage, cilantro, bell peppers, cheese, and green onions. All cooked in the microwave
to perfection. Unfortunately, the kids don't think so. It's cheerios for them this morning I guess, but all the more for me.

No comments: