Friday, May 30, 2008

Nevan's Sleeper

A project that I've had in the back of my head since I saw these embroidery designs and the fabric, I knew exactly how to put them together. One of my most favorite patterns to make is what I call a "butt-flap" sleeper. Since Nevan had outgrown his birth sleeper from the same pattern, I decided that he needed another one, and this one would be perfect for a little explorer.
I used a little kid pirate flannel and a set of Pirate Peekers from Julia's Needle Designs. There's a design on the hat that says "Ahoy! Mate" and the front side has a pirate peeking from his cutlass and the butt says "Where"s me treasure?" with a pirate peeking from the x marking his treasure.


This is the front when he's on the floor:

This is the back, with the "butt-flap" saying "where's me treasure?" with a pirate peeker:

2 comments:

Desi said...

That is such a cute sleeper Holly! Way to go! You make so fun projects...

Phipps Family said...

That is so funny. You did a great job, as always!