Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sewing Projects

So as many of you know, I love to sew. Keileigh decided yesterday that the princess dress we had would not work out for her. Her words were that Sleeping Beauty had three fairies to come and change her dress pink. I think she meant that she needed fairies to come help change her dress so it would be better. So yesterday we went looking online for ideas to make that we had on hand or that we could throw together because we thought our ward party was tonight. I went to one of my favorite web pages and found that two of the patterns I'd had my eye on were being offered for free this week to use for costumes. I was able to make her a fall/pumpkin fairy tutu with wand and crown for all of about $4. Not bad for making it in one day and then finding out the party was cancelled and she wouldn't get to wear it until Friday for the school carnival or maybe Saturday for the trunk or treat. So anyway, here's the link for the patterns if anyone is interested in these. They do have a lot of potential, especially for different holidays and even with the range of sizes they offer.

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/Fancy-Filled-Tutu-BONUS-40-tutu-recipes-too.htm

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/Festive-Vests-6mth-10yrs.htm

2 comments:

SPN1227 said...

Thanks for sharing! THose do look like they have definite possibilities. I bet she looks cute!

the coldest little family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm so glad you posted this, and that I looked at it just in the nick of time!!! I found some really cool patterns on there, and am in the process of looking for ones for a 12" little friend for my little friend, and ones to match my bigger little friend with her soon-to-be new little friend....so if you have ANY suggestions...we're always on the look out for fun patterns, and since I'm looking at your stuff and it is all FABULOUS!!! - you must have the scoop....right? so, anything else you want to share with us deprived sewers? Thanks kiddo!