Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sewing Projects

So, I know that I haven't really posted much over the past summer, but I have been sewing and crafting and generally keeping busy. Here's some of the projects that I've started/completed.


I made three dress for Keileigh for this summer using t-shirts and matching fabrics with some slight variations to the skirts that she loved to wear for twirling.


Same dress pattern, the square was set straight on this one instead of on point like the pink one.



Here's the last of the dresses, plus the boys ties, they are so easy to make and so much fun with the different fun fabrics available.


One of Keileigh's friends had a birthday and knowing how much he liked dinosaurs, I made him a dinosaur carrier.


Windy-this was the quilt I was working on for so long. I did a different variation from the ladies in my ward quilting group. Theirs were more tree skirts with some interesting angles. I drew this out on paper and liked it so much I had to make it. Finding the right fabrics was difficult, I searched really hard for the center fabric, but I couldn't find any the right shade, so I did the stitches in pale shades of the same color as the fabrics on a piece of white fabric.





For Knut's birthday he got a new shirt, a tradition we've done for the past couple of years, that he gets to pick out the fabric.


Spoiler warning: Rick and Desi don't look at the next few pictures unless you want a preview
This is a Star of Bethlehem quilt with snowflakes embroidered in the corners.





For Knut's backpack this year we got a simple backpack and then he got to pick the designs that went on the pocket, in case you can't tell that's a knight and a sword.


My favorite pair of jeans developed a hole and I covered it with some great designs before it got too big too be saved.





For those that have been waiting for the pictures of this project, here it is. Knut got a new jacket and Nevan got one to match. Knut picked the fabrics, he says the fleece was fluffy, and we were able to get all of it as remnants so it was cheaper than if we had bought it on sale.









This was a project that someone asked me to make for them for their little girls and Keileigh got to model it so I could get a good picture. The fabric is Fancy Nancy and I embroidered their names on the aprons and hats.


2 comments:

Desi said...

I peeked! I'M SO EXCITED! It's BEAUTIFUL! Wow, you are doing AMAZING things with your sewing machine! I am so very impressed. It is fantastic how many wonderful and creative projects you do. The jackets are adorable, and for the price - really really amazing! You are one impressive woman!

Phipps Family said...

The quilt turned out beautifully Holly! And the next one looks great too.