Friday, March 14, 2008

Sewing Projects

I posted recently about getting to take apart Nolan's favorite overalls and remake them into a purse. Well, that first cut was kind of nerve-wracking since I wasn't using a pattern or anything but an idea in my head. But I finished it and discovered that it was the perfect size to hold my scriptures and the bare necessities for church. And it's also fun to explain where it came from too. The front is from the bib of the overalls and the back is from the front pockets. One side is from the carpenter pockets down the side and the other is the loop where I can put my cell phone. The shoulder strap is the shoulder straps sewn together. I saved the back pockets to make another purse, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
Another project to share is that I am working on something Keileigh calls a "nuggle dog". Here he is looking a little flat because I haven't decided what will go inside of him or how since I want to make a hot/cold pack insert for him to make him just right for snuggling on a cold night or to help soothe the owies.

No comments: